Xpat Relocation was founded by me, Marianne Blommers-Poggio Voormolen, in 2018.
In 2011, I moved with my husband, three children and our dog from the Netherlands to Switzerland. I remember the first steps into Switzerland: finding a new home for my family, schools for my children: both international and local, and getting all the paperwork completed. All without the help of a relocation company. It wasn't a straight forward experience. Luckily I already was experienced in the Relocation Business.
I have now combined my personal experiences, my knowledge of living in Switzerland, together with 10 years of working in the relocation field. With this in mind, I set up Xpat Relocation to help other expats find a new home in Switzerland, in the smoothest, most stress free way as possible.
My interests and qualifications
- My hobbies include my family, Walking, Skiing, Golf, playing the piano and food
- My languages include: Dutch, Spanish, French, German and English
- I studied Art History in Leiden and Property Management in The Hague
- I'm a board member at the Zontaclub, voluntary women's and children's charity in Luzern. www.luzern.zonta.ch
Nicole Schenkelaars is Dutch, she lived most of her life outside of the Netherlands: in Curaçao, Argentina, USA, Belgium and since 2005 in Switzerland. She therefore understands perfectly what expats go through when they move to another country.
Her interests and skills
- She speaks Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish and a bit of Italian
- Nicole used to work as an EU Public Affairs Manager for 3M in Brussels, Belgium until she moved to Switzerland
- She was involved in big group moves (e.g. an international pharmaceutical company from Nyon to Zug, and a US fast food chain from London and Madrid to Zug) and she has successfully carried out more than 100 challenging assignments for international companies
- In 2009 she started to work as a freelance relocation consultant for various international relocation companies and soon thereafter she set up her own Relocation company
- Nicole is part of the Xpat Relocation team of relocation consultants.